What are the Interchange Fees on a $10 Visa Debit Card Sale?
The Durbin Amendment to the Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Bill requires the Federal Reserve to regulate and cap Debit Card Interchange Fees collected by issuing banks with over $10 billion in assets. The Regulated debit card interchange rate is 0.05% + $0.22. The regulated interchange fee covers Signature, PIN, and both card present and card not present debit card transactions. A $10 sale accepted on a Visa Debit Card has three possible interchange rates: Regulated, Small Ticket, and PIN.
Visa Regulated Debit Card Interchange
- Interchange: 0.05% + $0.22
- Interchange Fee on $10 Sale: $0.225
Visa Small Ticket Debit Card Interchange
- Interchange: 1.60% + $0.05
- Interchange Fee on $10 Sale: $0.21
Visa PIN Debit Card Interchange (Interlink)
- Interchange: 0.80% + $0.185
- Interchange Fee on $10 Sale: $0.265